Dorset Wedding Photographer specialising in documentary wedding photography services.
Hello, I am a Dorset Wedding Photographer providing documentary wedding photography services, using a relaxed photojournalistic approach, providing you with beautiful honest wedding pictures, that tell the story of your wedding day.
Dorset Wedding Photographer | Samantha Cook
I specialise in telling stories through pictures, covering Dorset and the UK
Sarah & Glen
The following gallery highlights my natural Documentary Wedding Photography coverage, throughout the wedding day.
I hope you enjoyed viewing the images from the above gallery
They demonstrate my natural style of wedding photography, I am passionate about capturing reality, genuine emotions, real moments that record the true essence of your day.
Hello. I’m Samantha, a Dorset Wedding Photographer, specialising in documentary wedding photography coverage, throughout Dorset and the UK.
I use a natural photojournalistic approach, preferring not to manufacture moments, I look for the beauty that is naturally already there.
I love capturing real emotive images, showing warm joyful moments, between family and friends.
Please feel free to visit my wedding highlight galleries, which will show you my full documentary wedding photography coverage, from the brides final preparations through to the dancing at the evening reception.
You may also like to view my blog wedding highlights and don’t forget to view the above wedding gallery featuring some of my favourite images taken across a number of weddings.
I provide documentary wedding photography which can be best described as story telling through pictures.
Choosing your Wedding Photographer
Your wedding is a special day being shared with those nearest and dearest to you, so it’s only natural you want the right photographer you can trust to get on with capturing your special day, without you having to constantly stop and pose for pictures all day long.
- I have been a full-time professional photographer since 1991, worked for myself as principle photographer, covering weddings of all sizes throughout the UK, since 2001, accompanied by my partner in life and business Andy, we work as a team, providing discreet documentary wedding photography coverage.
- I take on a limited number of weddings each year, which allows me to direct all my energy and passion, into providing my wedding couples with the service they deserve.
- I aim to provide you with a low key, stress free service.
Documentary Wedding Photography
- As a Documentary Wedding Photographer, my purpose is to tell a story of the wedding day, through a series of pictures, capturing reality, genuine emotions and events, on the wedding day.
- I rely on my background as a commercial and press photographer, the years of experience have taught me patience, to embrace adversity and adapt on the spur of the moment to the changing events around me.
- I shoot candidly throughout the wedding day, discretely capturing the raw beauty of real moments, the warmth shared between loved ones.
To Find out more about Documentary Wedding Photography and how I work please READ HERE
Candid is Best
I prefer to shoot in a candid, natural style throughout the whole wedding day, and truly believe the images captured have more meaning, with no intervention from the photographer. However…
What about the Formals ?
I’d like to say that I shoot all my weddings 100% naturally, but this isn’t always the case, there are occasions the bride and groom wish to have a few selected shots looking to camera, as a document of the occasion and I am happy to do so.
These can include, if requested, any of the following:
- The Bride on her own or with her parents, once she has dressed, at the preparations address or ceremony venue.
- The groom, with parents, or best man and ushers at the ceremony venue.
- Formal signing of the register.
- Up to six small formal family groups shots.
- Simply posed Bride and Groom portraits.
I am afraid I do not work from shot lists, simply because, whilst I am reading from a shot list, I would also be missing those real moments, that I was originally booked to cover.
If you would like a few informal shots looking to camera with certain family or friends, especially those who might have traveled from afar, simply get my attention at the time and I will quickly get this done for you.
Natural Coverage Only Please
If the idea of posing sends shivers down your spine, then that’s absolutely fine, I will shoot your wedding as I love doing, with no setup shots, no intervention at all, unless otherwise directed.
Dorset wedding photographer
As a Dorset wedding photographer my aim is to tell a timeless, beautiful story of your wedding day, with photos that will take you back to a time and place, where you can relive those special moments, shared with your family and friends.
- Providing you with, beautiful, honest and timeless Imagery, (I do not follow industry trends, these trends come and go, overly stylised images can quickly become dated).
- I would like my pictures of your wedding in years to come to become a family heirloom, to be enjoyed by future generations, who will get to see the real you.
If you are looking for a Dorset wedding photographer and like the documentary wedding photography style of shooting, then please contact me, I would love to hear from you.